View Single Post
9/14/18, 7:20 AM   #9
Re: Jacksonville Midgets
kdobson

I'd say it's both similar and a little different than the successful class at Montpelier. The main difference I see is that we aren't trying to even out performance between different cars (National, D2, Lighting). Ours would be basically an open motor midget class without handicaps based on what motor you bring. I would call it primarily a national midget class. I'm not sure of the current breakdown between nationals, D2's and chains at Montpielier.

The Montpelier program is very successful, but not really what we were looking to do. During the decades we ran 410 winged sprints weekly.. and carrying over to our MOWA series we have a tradition here of a little bit of 'run what ya brung'. Open motors. No scales. Little tech. Kind of the opposite of the trend.

Hoping it drives a little shade tree innovation because I don't see anybody building an over-sized or otherwise illegal Toytota, SR 11 etc just to run this $1,000 to win class that they aren't even eligible to race in after they've found some recent success Nationally. But as for that old push rod collecting dust? Do whatever you want with it.

We primarily race on Fridays with some Sundays.
Last edited by kdobson; 9/14/18 at 7:46 AM.

5 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, oppweld, racenut69, sjracer26, TQ29m