View Single Post
1/17/10, 8:45 PM   #14
Re: USAC adds another division?
loosewheel

What a interesting thread
1. The Briggs Animal is not another division of USAC. It is simply another class of .25 midgets. There are things going on with Honda that could elimanate these classes in the future so this is another engine to replace it. In fact a 5 year old driver can run this engine his entire career with the change of a restirctor plate.

2. The cost of Deco engine has came down because of the Briggs. The Briggs Animal I feel is a more cost efficent way to move to faster classes without buying new engines therefore keeping cost down. Remember the Animal still cost about half of a Deco.

3. I am preparing my driver to work on a car that is very similar to a midget, sprint car etc.

USAC is currently working on a National point series and a Midwest Regional series consisting of 16 events rangeing from dirt to indoors to pavement. This is something our last sanctioning body has never attempted. So to say USAC is not helping .25 midgets is false. This is a develpmental series to teach kids how to race. Most of us know we aren't bringing up the next Jeff Gordon but I feel alot of these drivers can be involed in the sport as crew members, engine builders etc. because of their love of the sport and the knowledge they have gained from participating in our sport.

To Mike and all other open wheel fans
We have not seen your pretty face at one of Bud's races since we started 1 and 1/2 years ago. Come out to KQMC and watch. I think you will all be surprised at how good some of these kids are. We are all having fun doing something together and creating memories for our family.

Please support our club by attending races. There is no admission. The only money we collect from you is if you buy food or drink. Watch our website for schedules and times.
www.kqmc.org
Hope to see you all at the track in 2010.

McCune Motorsports
driver Bud McCune
2009 Down n Dirty Tour Sr. Honda Champion