View Single Post
9/20/09, 1:29 PM   #9
Re: ARCA-Dakoda Armstrong
midgetmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
I'll wade in on this one, and pee people off in the process. First it takes money to race, and if you have it use it.This isn't a sport for empty pockets and poor people, if it was everyone would be doing it. What is the difference between spending family money or a sponsor's money? None.If you don't like it too bad, that's racing.

As for Dakoda, no he isn't a "sprint" racer. Short races aren't really his forte. The longer the race the better he runs. He may not fit the mold of the local "sprint" racer, but uses what he can do to his advantage. I'd call that a smart racer.

As for Salem, you can ***** all you want, but that car didn't drive it self. And if you've never scene the race there, you have no idea what an accomplishment it is to survive that meat grinder.
I agree with you that it takes $ and to be successful your going to spend a little. The difference for me has to do with the fact that car owners/sponsors used to build good cars and put successful drivers at the lower level in them. Now it is buy a ride which I think sucks and is not in the best interest of the sport long term.
Dakoda is not a bad kid but what has he really accomplished on a national scale, nothing. The drivers I mentioned earlier have. There is no comparison , those drivers would without any question , out perform him in a ARCA car. Yes I have been to Salem , to many times to count ,it is scary fast and the majority of your winners or to do good you need to start close to the front.