View Single Post
9/6/20, 10:19 PM   #6
Re: Please read: Pit safety with Fuel
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
So do all tracks allow Children in the pits?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not all, but many tracks that I know of allow kids in the pits. I know some tracks have 13-14 year old minimum rule. For me it doesn't depend on age, but how the kid was taught and raised. I've seen some really good 7-8 year olds in the pits and I've seen 16-18 year olds that need to grow up a lot before they come into the pits. Crap there's a lot of adults that shouldn't be in the pits, especially when it's a All-Star or bigger race with some big name there like Larson, Stewart, Kahne etc.....

I'm kinda picky with rules who should or shouldn't be in the pits though. Personally I don't think anyone should be in the pits, unless you are with a team or learning for an upcoming season of you racing. I know a lot of people don't agree with that. More teams should stay longer after the races are over and the pits open for everyone for autographs, but I understand why some teams don't stay. Personally we are one of the last racers/haulers there even if we have a race the next day, but i'm just a nobody mini sprint racer.

Personally I've gone to the races since I was a few months old. I never went into the pits until I was 15 1/2, but that was to get knowledge from teams about mini sprints before we bought one the next year. That was 7-8 years ago though.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 9/6/20 at 10:23 PM.

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, jim goerge, Rcar