View Single Post
7/29/10, 1:10 AM   #13
Re: Heartland Thunder
JDFAST

i heard they were thinking of doing a similiar program (not sure who) about the Ventura raceway and the VRA 360 sprints.

Would of been interesting film last week as Josh Ford called the cops on Kevin Kierce after there run in on and off the track. Plus Josh got in trouble for throwing a dirt clod at a driver during the Kart race. (yep thats what I said). Lots of other interesting things happened on this full moon night, and if you care you can read about it on VRAFAN.com

Lots of flips and hurt feeling at the small 1/4 or 1/5 mile, but that might be why they call it the Best Little Dirt Track In America with all the action they have each week with both good and bad slide jobs throughout the evening.

One can only wonder how the drivers would act if they brought in real camera. Someone told me during Sprint Week that Madhouse and Heartland Thunder made up stuff during the show to make it more interesting (feuds, police, radio talk shows about the track).

But it sure is fun too watch. Is Madhouse coming back, because Junior sure was an interesting character.

PS If you have showtime, turn on Penn & Teller show (Bull Sh&&) this week. Its about old people but there is a story on a Senior VRA Division Sprint Car driver, I think Ron Bach or Roarin Orin Prosser. Could be interesting