View Single Post
4/20/24, 12:42 PM   #25
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
This is from Justin Fiedler who does the Dirttrackr Daily on YouTube. Probably my favorite quote on this topic.

“You don’t need to have promoted dirt racing events or worked in event management to call a spade a spade. The people who say we shouldn’t complain and should appreciate what we have are just wrong. We can love an event and appreciate it for its greatness, while at the same time offering critical feedback and wanting it to be better.

Racetracks do not shut down because of streaming or social media. Race Tracks shut down due to inefficient promoting, inefficient race night programs, and bad management. A race track is business. Some strive to get better and some die.”
Well said HRF. Justin offers great commentary. At the company I retired from, we used to have customer focus group meetings. We paid customers to come to meetings so we could hear what our company was doing WRONG, not right. Then we took those notes, developed plans and tried to improve over the years. Imagine a racetrack asking patrons and teams what they could do better to run their tracks and programs. I have seen some tracks pass out opinion sheets, years before social media. Good for them. Glad Circle City had a successful night.