View Single Post
10/14/07, 7:30 PM   #2
Re: To Kevin Briscoe
pgray

( This is the problem when you post a thread addressed exclusively to one reader ... he doesn't show up to answer , everyone else reads the post but will feel they cannot intrude on your private post ... maybe not a great idea , huh ? )

I'm responding for this reason ... The track that you speak of , Potomac Speedway in Budds Creek , Maryland , I raced at in the early 70's ( 70-71-72 ) , and I can recall Ronnie Mc Bee and others there in '78 - '79 and , as you said , winning on a regular basis. You were obviously there at the Naval Air Test Center , Lexington Park , better known as " Pax River " , right ?

I can remember Ronnie still racing in the '80's and I'm sure that when you didn't see him at Potomac , he was racing at Hagerstown or Selinsgrove ... he was branching out in the latter years. To this day there is still a Memorial Race in Ronnie's honor at a couple of tracks in Maryland.

I do not recall the circumstances of his death or what year it happened ? Please offer what you can recall ... I remember Ronnie very well while living and racing in Maryland for many years. Your post brings back some pretty neat memories of some "southern maryland good 'ol boys".

Paul Gray