View Single Post
10/13/07, 10:14 PM   #1
To Kevin Briscoe
FOR4

I would like to ask you a question about racing and money. With all the questions now being asked about admission prices pit passes pay down in the features. tire rules and on and on.......................
I was at a Navy base in Maryland and went to a track called Potomac Speedway in Budds Creek. And there was a driver that won alot of races at that track. His name was Ronnie McBee after a year that he won just about every Friday night and won the track championship.The following year he only showed up about once a month and won of course. One night after the races I got a chance to talk to him, we sit down and talked for a couple of minutes and I ask him why he did not race there every Friday like he did in the past and win the $500 to win purse a easy task for him at that that time....he looked at me and said you know this whole thing is really not about money......... and then he got up and left. Ronnie McBee died in a very freakish non racing related accident. My question to Mr. Briscoe is this what the heck was he talking about, money seams to be the only thing everybody talks about now days. I know you have drivren for alot of years and trust your opinion.

Richard Murray