View Single Post
1/28/15, 12:53 AM   #23
Re: Possibly looking at starting a spec engine Sprint divisi
spicoli

I get very nervous when someone tells me I will save money by buying something new, and that same person is the one who will sell it to me.

The last person that should be consulted when considering new engine rules is an engine builder.

Who is speaking to the racers?

How is that ASCS spec head class going, cost-wise, right about now? I thought that was going to save sprint car racing?

How about 305 motors? I see ads for special block lightening, DMI has a lightweight 305 class rear end. Where is that going to end?

305, 355, 360, 410, yada, yada, yada. The right rear wheels all cost the same. The drive lines and frames, front ends, etc. all cost the same.

Give me a weight rule, as much for safety as cost, give me a spec right rear that will last more than one night (the late model guys have them), no wings (tip-over? that will be $600), no cockpit shocks, pay enough to get me back the next week, but not so much so the rich guys stay out and I'll be there. I believe Paragon has more cars on a weekly basis, year in and year out, than just about anyone. I'd be there every week if it wasn't so far.

If Plymouth wants to blaze new ground, good for them, I wish them nothing but the best. Keep 410 non-wing and we'll be there every week. But, when I start racing again, if they want a spec class (that I can't race anywhere else) I will drive right pass them on my way to Gas City or Kokomo.