View Single Post
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #4 3/14/23 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by nowingsjeff:
The IRL produced breath taking side by side high speed racing, with incredibly close finishes that will never be duplicated. To top it off, many of the drivers came from a USAC background. It was awesome to see guys that I saw run Eldora & Terre Haute like Tony Stewart, Billy Boat, Donnie Beechler, Brian Tyler and other short trackers get a chance at Indy. Even Steve Kinser & Jack Hewitt got an opportunity. But the CART people, their big money sponsors and the media was against the IRL from the very start and the pockets of 16th & Georgetown were only so deep. Now it's just a memory.
The racing was great in the IRL. Another problem is all the people who said they wanted to see short track stars run Indycars never went. I went to Kansas, Chicagoland, Kentucky, and Indy. There were no fans. I think they put on some pretty good races today. Would like to see a couple of more ovals.
13 Likes: Grocery Guy, Igo-Ono, Ilovedirttrackracing, itsanonwingthing, jdull99, luckybuc97, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PIT CART, racenut69, Sandy Lowe, tirespinner