View Single Post
12/13/15, 4:58 AM   #130
Re: Tonights midget show
Hubie

I don't think anybody put any thought into this "race" at all. It's a crying shame as is was a super opportunity to showcase the great PRI show. Where to start? Great crowd, which I knew meant that they would screw it up. Track was WAY to narrow. Tight corners? OK, I can deal with that. There was just not enough room to have a full size Midget on that track. The berme's? Decent enough idea with the added bonus of high centering a car. I could not believe they allowed the "safety" vehicles to stay down there. My hat is off to the track workers stationed at the center of the track. They were pretty dog gone efficient not to mention BRAVE! After that tragic evening at the RCA dome years ago I was flabbergasted to the caviler attitude in regards to safety.

IMO the entire show would have been better suited to pavement. Much better.

They need to rethink this as the idea is great. Always has been. The indoor shows in the middle of winter are fun and a great place to catch up with friends (and even make some new ones!) but Jez O' Pete this tiny track was a total fiasco.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, ronmil