View Single Post
2/6/24, 11:00 PM   #1
Some quick Burg Notes
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

They cut the track Monday taking if from about 24* down to about 15* Have clay ordered and hope to have it down pre season but may be during a couple week break area during the season. The track is going to be graded every week and Mel's son will be doing prep work Sounded like they're going to try to have it banked from top to bottom which includes some of the inside service lane instead of the drop off the track. But try to have it more than just on the cushion.

Met Shane, I'll just say this, the guy impresses me. Someone who has his S**T together and a plan.

Hopes to have website up in a week or two. for now prelim schedule is on the facebook page.

The plan, He's going to try to have a few two or three night shows in the future. For this year the start is the two night Greg Staab Memorial Friday (Working on contingencies) and Lawrenceburg Nationals Sat. in Oct. USAC. along with JO memorial USAC in the spring, Merrill Downey in July and of course the High Limit race in May which Brad and Kyle were very happy to add. Working on date and purse for Dick Gaines.

The Northern All Stars LM race which is kicking of this year and he plans to have a Whiskey City 50 for LM's Also but not entirely sure for this year. It's a sanction, date etc deal but I got no doubt he'll make it work sometime somehow.

Burg Safety Team and most of staff will be back. Bobby Gompf also has a lot to do with the memorials contingencies etc.

All I can remember for now. Seems like a great guy and like me didn't want to see it sit. He plans to support those who support the track. Mods going back to 800 to win and he hopes teams support him.

Also setting up with Myracepass.com for timing, results etc.

Thanks to Shane, SPARC2, a bunch of great racers and fans, the Shamrock bar and grille in Addyston for a good evening.

I kid you not, The flag was unferraled for the pre meeting Pledge and The national anthem from Lucas Oil LMs on TV started exactly before the Pledge, So we did both.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 2/6/24 at 11:14 PM.