Thread: Best ISW race?
View Single Post
7/29/18, 10:40 AM   #9
Re: Best ISW race?
Jerry Shaw

Haubstadt, then Plymouth, then Terre Haute. The other highlights were that set of heat races last night, at TSS! It just seemed like every lap, you had 3, 4 or 5 cars coming out of turns 2 and 4, just all over each other, as they were swapping positions. Probably the high point of that was the battle for the last transfer spot in the 3rd heat between Grant, Bacon and Hodges. That melee kept making me think of a high speed version one of those card dealers, dealing 3 Card Monte! Another thing that stood out to me, was the qualifying session at Kokomo. It's easily one of the best qualifying sessions I've ever seen. High drama, as these drivers were just ripping it into the cushion and the track was just dead on and prime to be challenged. And we ended up seeing 7 drivers within a tenth of a second of one another!

The other thing that would have been obvious to anybody that attended ISW 2018 this year were the high car counts at each event and the massive crowds. I've never seen bigger crowds at Sprint Week.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/29/18 at 10:51 AM.