View Single Post
7/20/11, 1:19 PM   #4
Re: 7/21/11 - In Remembrance of Rich
D.O.

Sad day for racing for all. Rich was a friend and racer that I got a chance to work with many times while producing the ESPN Thunder features back then. I spent much time with him doing interviews or just talking about racing and TV. Plus I was married to his ex wife as well so I had a lot of connections with all the Voglers.
That hot summer night is still burned into my head as it went from working TV to having to become a man and deal with it all. I also had been at the Speedrome doing ESPN Thunder when Don died as well but Rich was different, he was an extended part of the family. I still remember everything from that night like it was yesterday. The crash, after the crash, dealing with my wife and my kids at the track, the drive home and the offical annoucment as it came over the radio driving home.
Despite all that happen on that day Rich still lives through the Vogler Scholarship fund help many racers kids with some scholarship finding for college.
Use your thoughts and keep Rich Vogler alive with a donation to the scholarship fund. http://www.richvoglerscholarship.org/ follow this link to help the fund.

R.I.P.
Rich Vogler