View Single Post
1/27/16, 12:32 AM   #15
Re: 2016 POWRi/ILLINI Division II Midget Series Schedule
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGuy View Post
From what I gather from the rules, those items are not mandatory. Also there is a bunch of those parts already out there from rre and jet as well as zero. What sense would it make to not allow it when it makes up about 3/4 of what's already out there. Crying the blues on here makes you look pretty foolish. No one says you have to have it. Even the focus has individual runner. With stock ports and cams doubt the bolt on's will make very much difference. So why don't you give it a shot before you go shooting it down!
I don't think anyone is crying any blues. Some facts were stated / questioned. The word "mandatory" was only used in this quoted post.

If the rules say you can have it, I bet Keith Kunz would have it though (I know this form of midget racing isn't supposed to be about keith kunz; but there are 100s of those that want to be him of this form of racing; & the rules are quickly allowing those that aspire to be that & have the means, to spend $1000s on their "junkyard" engines; when it woulda been simpler to control things from the start...especially on items that can be teched by looking at a car from 10 ft away - not the connecting rod part...lol - but it happens everywhere all the time; so anyone who has been around forms of racing that were supposed to "stock"; wouldn't be surprised anyway...).

I do think the suppliers mentioned should post the retail cost of all the allowed items - of the parts NEW (Keith Kunz doesn't put used parts on his Tulsa cars I don't think...lol).
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 1/27/16 at 12:34 AM.

2 members like this post: CaptainAmerica, DonMoore10