View Single Post
stp6237 (Offline)
  #27 6/14/23 9:21 AM
It all comes down to what are the requirements to get insurance coverage. When I worked with ARDC we raced at a few tracks in the south. At one track I was told that we could run our warmup/practice after one of their late model divisions. When I noted I did not see an ambulance or fire truck at the track I was informed they were not required until the races began. When I asked about what were the late model doing running at speed I was told they were "practicing, not racing." Needless to say we did not "practice" or race until the required equipment was present. If I remember correctly a USAC Eastern Storm event was delayed until an EMT that was certified to perform a certain task was present, I am not sure if I am 100% correct on that, but I kind of recall something like that happening. Many have expressed that thank goodness that this accident happened at Knoxville and not at some other track. Could the speed the cars reach at Knoxville and not at other track have any influence on how the event unfolded. The State Police regulate racing in New Jersey. You can bet that this issue with the fire bottle becoming dislodged is being looked at by NJSP.