View Single Post
767 (Offline)
  #25 6/14/23 7:31 AM
Originally Posted by ginblueearth:
Yeah, I can't understand why they couldn't get his harnesses undone. But they should have had something to cut the belts if that was the case. And I don't understand why nobody had that either. I find it interesting that. there's still naysayers about the traveling safety teams but at least I'm not getting my ass ripped as bad as I did before when I brought up the subject and not being told it would cost $1,000,000. by some Joker I certainly think sanctioning bodies like the World of Outlaws, All Stars or USAC. Can't afford to have a traveling safety team without raising the price of tickets. That's really sad when somebody brings up. It has to be this law, and it has to be that law. Is that more important than somebody's life? And I have seen the. safety team that travels with the IRA Sprint cars. I wonder if they have to jump through all these legal hoops that the gentleman. on here was talking about or if he's just full of BS. Sorry I put it that way, but that's what it appears to me. I know there are many. pit crew people out of the World of Outlaws. that are fed up with this But out of fear of reprisal from the World of Outlaws, Are basically keeping their mouth shut? It's truly sad that it has to be that way. After seeing what happened Saturday night. the outlaws should have somebody. ready to go before. they race this weekend. or at least if I was running the World of Outlaw Group I would certainly have somebody ready to go. I would not want the death of a driver on my conscience because I. did. Not have a safety team there to protect them. We'll see if they do anything. My guess is they won't. They'll just keep pocketing the money. And not worry about the safety of their drivers. Hopefully the owners and the drivers will stand up for their safety and do something about it. If they don't, they're fools. Glen Murra
You know they could easily meat in the middle. WOO and ALL Stars both have traveling officials that utilize SxS or 4 wheelers. I watch more all stars than WOO, but those officials are in what appears to be fire suites (I'm sure they are the lowest level). I think you could have a custom box on a sxs with some tools in it. Probably mount 2 large water fire extinguishers on there. If you go back and watch the video there is a sxs from the infield at the car before the field stops rolling (not sure if that was WOO or Track equipment). Reaction time was good.

Now on the bad side of things. The safety side is much more than just having a trained team. That team comes with alot of liability. You have to remember series like WOO run over 80 nights per year. When talking about travel you can easily double that number. once you commit to having a team like that, you have to fully staff it with trained team members.
2 Likes: Daisy's dad, flagboy55