View Single Post
1/24/20, 10:23 AM   #15
Re: Usac: Usac national rule changes and enforcements for 20
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
For the most part the changes by USAC are good moves in the right direction and I agree with Jerry that the one with the heat winners starting seventh through tenth give an added incentive especially to someone who may not time trial well. The only change I do not like is moving the lap cars to the rear on every restart. My feelings are that the leader has worked hard to get by these other guys and put some distance between himself and his pursuers and you reward the chasers by taking away his hard work and move them back to his tail tank. Doesn't seem fair to me if you are the leader of the pack.

Bruce Eckel
So, do you want to watch one car run away with the race or do you want to watch competetive cars fight for the lead? The number of lapped cars between the leader and 2-3-4 is a constantly changing dynamic that is just a function of when the yellow is thrown. Get the slower cars out of the way and let the faster ones put on a show fighting for the lead.

6 members like this post: bigvee, dirt330, dkdorkboy, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, PJ Wright