View Single Post
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #1 7/9/23 3:38 PM
Wisconsin WingLess Sprints.

Thoughts

Whatever they do to keep the competition close with the rules. I might be more of a so-called tin top fan, but I absolutely love it.

Last night I went to Wilmot Raceway for the World Of Outlaws Sprint Car Series show and it was fantastic. The show also included the Wisconsin WingLess Sprints & the IRA Lightning Sprints.

32 World Of Outlaws Sprint Cars
24 Wisconsin Wingless Sprints
23 IRA Lightning Sprints

The feature in all 3 races were great.

The competitiveness with the Wisconsin WingLess Series is really good. I am somewhat surprised another track hasn't tried to start a division like this with the exact same rules.

Not sure if a division like this would work in Indiana at a track like Montpelier, Shadyhill, or any other track across the U.S., but it's awesome to see them get a full field every night. I'd love to know what the standard payout is for them each week.

It looks like they average about 35 or cars on a regular race night which is really good considering the economic times we live in.
I am kind of surprised no other track has pickup up this division in their region. Understandably it may not work in some areas because fans love a certain type of races cars rather it be fender cars or open wheel cars. Why not try and give it a shot.

The wingless feature last night was really good with passing all though out the race and finished with a past lap pass down the back stretch going into turn 3.

ALSO props to the track prep crew at Wilmot. They absolutely f'ing nailed it to a T.

Panoramic View just before the features started.

IRA Lighting Sprint Feature

Wisconsin WingLess Sprint Feature

World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series Feature

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
8 Likes: EBookerFan, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, jdull99, John P Huss, LUCKYONE, oppweld, TNRustler