View Single Post
9/4/15, 11:51 PM   #24
Re: POWRi D2 Midget on DO Racin
DAD

Bear

Last time I checked a Lightning Sprint AKA Mini Sprint is a Midget chassis powered with a Motorcycle engine. D II Midgets are either Mini Sprints or Automotive Engine powered Midgets. Midgets are Midget cars powered by a Toyota TRO motor. Then you have all the Midget cars powered by everything from Chevy II motors to tall port Esslingers. These things are pretty close except for them darned Toyota's. Mini Sprints are cursed by some people I think because they have wings. Other people will not race unless they have a wing.

You race a Midget somewhere between an ECOtec and a TRO. You probably don't do well against the TRO's. The way I see thing is that class one rung below the TRO's would like to have some place to run. Like the ECOtecs you have branched out looking for other places to race. Montpelier is a great place, heck we can get a Mini Sprint up mid pack in the Main there. We love it, Harold has done one heck of a job their. In fact I think some guy in an ECOtec actually won a race up there.

I hate the term Lightning Sprint. Everything on our Mini Sprint is off of a Midget and on a small track we will give most Midgets a run for the Money. What the heck is wrong with calling my car a Midget. Sounds like you lost one of your tracks for the rest of the year. What I would like to see is a challenge race between the Salem cars and you guys.

I am an instigator, I stir the pot you might say. I for one don't see much difference between your car and a Mini Sprint or ECOtec. I think they could put on one heck of a race together. What we need to do is sit down and see how we could also get the older midgets>>>the Mini Sprints>>>and the ECOtec's racing together. I think it would be great for everybody. But then >>>>>>>>>>. I got a guy that want's to sell me an old Pontiac, >>>>man that thing has some serious torque.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 9/5/15 at 8:12 AM.