View Single Post
Kuhn74 (Offline)
  #21 1/12/15 10:37 PM
I dont think the intention is to alienate anyone. A "national" engine could easily be restricted by placing smaller I.D. injector stacks on the engine. That would give everyone a more equalized playing field. If the cheaper engines can be competitive or win a few shows, there becomes less reason for a guy to go spend $35k on a brand new engine. Good move I think, I also think USAC is placing themselves in a manner to go down this exact same road. For the record....there arent any $50k midget engines out there, if someone says that, they havent done their research. Also, there are alot of front running, competitive guys that run their engines more than 15-20 nights between rebuilds (also a misnomer by many who speak without really knowing).

Agreed that they should just call them Midgets. All the different variations does nothing to help the sport. It confuses the fans and waters down the "championship titles" that used to be special and coveted. Case in point.....USAC has the ignite series, formerly Ford Focus, how many Champions do they have each year? The answer is, too many for it to mean anything....it has been too watered down. Same thing with the "National Champion." A few years back when Kevin Miller thought by crowning more "Champions" he would increase car counts. So they crowned a pavement, a dirt, and an overall "Champion." What a great idea, car counts continued to drop, point funds were split up to the point of not worth much and there were so many "Champions" the fans were confused and everyone gets a trophy like it is little league.

You all know what a midget is, if you have one, call it a midget. If you dont, dont do the midget world a disservice by calling it one.

Personally speaking, not bashing anyone, I think they need drivelines and no chains at a minimum to be competing on some of these tracks. The chain seems like a safety concern to me.

Good move by Badger to try and rejuvenate racing in a area with such great heritage.

Now, for everyone that has been begging for this to happen, get out there and support these guys.
14 Likes: captrat, DAD, DaveP63, dirtball, El1teBr33ze, jdull99, lmahal, LRP36, Puppy, Ray3, Roy Bleckert, Tony74, vitron, WBR 3E