View Single Post
5/21/18, 1:43 PM   #21
Re: Little 500, Who's going?
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Hard to top what Rhody said. Dirt is just more entertaining to me. I grew up in the Era when both were run and I loved it all, especially Winchester, Salem, and Dayton. In my opinion, after those 3 tracks, the entertainment value of pavement racing dropped considerably. The late Illiana speedway was just minutes from my house, and while I rarely missed an open wheel race there, I can't say it was super exciting, but 15 minutes away is a nice selling point. They raced stock cars weekly and almost every Saturday I would drive past them on the way to a dirt track. I've always been told what a great race the little 500 is, and it is on my bucket list,just not very high. Although I've got a couple guys I call friends participating in the race this year in different capacities, and they're both first timers so maybe after I talk with them they'll convince me to elevate it on my list. One last comment, just for the record if the little 500 were a dirt race I would not have any more desire to see it. I know I'm wrong when I say this because I really respect the opinions of people that endorse it, but to me it seems like a novelty. OK I'll sit back and take my beating
You're not going to get any sort of beating from me. What you think and believe is your own business. However, a legitimate question to you begs asking. Don't ya' think it's just a teeny bit tough to know for sure whether the Little 500 is worthy of your interest and/or attendance without having ever seen one?

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner