View Single Post
6/11/18, 12:37 PM   #1
Starting Fresh, What All Do I Need?
Shabillac

Hey y'all, not brand new to sprint car racing, but new to the driving part. Looking at putting together a setup for me to take to run Elite Non Wing & Sprint Car Bandits series's here in Texas for 2019 to run when I'm not drag racing. I've helped on a local 305" team around here but not too in depth or knowledgeable.

I'll be purchasing a used roller this winter, what do I need to look for in a multi purpose car? I see a lot of "raised rail" or 87/40 stuff and that is Greek to me. I don't know what to make of those measurements.

Engine is junkyard LS 5.3 (both sanctioning bodies allow this setup) making a tick over 500 h.p. with a solid roller cam @ 7,100 and Ron's Toilet on a Holley Hi-Ram (yeah I know it's a dog but it makes noise and fits between frame rails).

What I don't know is what all I need for parts or anything to make it easier for me to run a car by myself.

What I've got so far:
Floor Jack
Basic Hand Tools
Wheel Spacers
Couple Wheels (Have to run Racesaver RR in both classes and 94 in non-wing)
Headers
Radiator
Fuel Jugs
Drum Pump
MSD-6014, Lightweight Lithium Battery, Alternator

What I know I need to buy:
Roller
Fuel & Radiator Lines
Gears
Wings (if roller doesn't come with em)
Shocks

I plan on running used tires. Buying used shocks and having them re-valved. Seats: What do y'all recommend?

What kind of spare parts do I need to bring that'll fit in the bed of a pickup (hauling an open trailer)?

1 member likes this post: oppweld