View Single Post
6/22/19, 11:10 AM   #8
Re: Atomic Speedway Accident
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I was there, The driver was Brinton Marvel and I hope he's ok and moreover should not take this on his shoulders as his fault, he was the second car to leave the park and third violent flip in three heats.

I hope the fans turn out ok it could have been so much worse.

I have no proof of what the reason is, Other than what my own eyes could see. Cars were getting up into the new wall riding up and launching over it.

The first two flips happened up in turn two so really nothing is out there. I didn't see Brintons crash but I did see him fly thru the fence bounce off the end of the turn four grandstand and land to the right of the stands.

When the sanction pushes the remaining cars off the track and starts taking down their sponsor billboards, The show's over.

I guess they still ran the LM's and Mods. It was 1030 and they still hadn't hit the fourth of about 10 heats. So I left.

Feel bad for all involved, The wall was meant for safety and I agree with it. But a suitable next to the wall catch fence is also needed. Just my view, I don't fault anyone. McCowan has been doing a ton to improve. I hope they get it all straightened out.

Main thing, I hope and pray everyones ok.
Your night mirrored mine, Chas. Too bad I did not know you were there - even though I never met you. I was down by Turn 1 all night while it lasted.

Yes.... glad all were good in the end. It could have been MUCH worse.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner