View Single Post
8/8/08, 10:35 AM   #49
Re: UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget82 View Post
You're saying it's completely USAC's fault Chuck? :O: Sounds like a combined effort to me between USAC and the track. You've taken three vacation days and not seen a race on any of them? Which races were those (were they all USAC?) and maybe try going to more than 4 races a year. You're saying the drivers that left the track are selfish for not staying, even in fear of their safety? You're kidding right? :action-smiley-049: Driving a sprint or midget is crazy enough on its own, let alone adding the life hazard to the drivers and/or fans from the facility's side (rebar hanging out of the walls, rough concrete ledges that could surely junk a race car, etc.)... Apparently there was nearly a riot over the refund issue also... It's a shame you and your father missed your mother's birthday, but who's fault is that? USAC to blame? :rolleyes:

It's not my place to blast anyone, but half of your posts are pointless and it's like you don't think before you click that "submit reply" button. I'm sure you'll end up defending USAC later on after ripping them tonight.

Sorry for the outburst. :action-smiley-049:

Eldora Twice are the other two I took off to attend. At the very least they were called in advance.
Im not sorry for being upset, You should have seen my 67 year old father. Hes a Ex cop and knew we were getting into a dangerous situation and at the very least a very uncomfortable one.
FYI, I've been to 7 USAC shows this year and 16 races total. Im not retracting one word of that post. I seen car owners and drivers arguing. I see the TSR team leave yet their driver stays to race. I see the Hagan team stay and their driver choose to leave.

Don't get me wrong, If a driver feels the tracks to dangerous, They shouldn't race. Thats not selfish. Thats wise but like I said in the earlier post. I've seen them run at tracks with blunt gardrails sticking out, Front stretch walls that were collapsed behind a stage that created a catch pocket (Old Burg) No catch fences before ect.

Yeah I've defended USAC several times. Post about is USAC needed for SPrintweek ect. I've also critisized things like the format and purse structure that was prohibitive to many teams not racing with them, Many of which had been fixed or changed for the better.

You can't say I don't have a right to be upset. I wouldn't say anything on this board I wouldn't say to someones face. (Might get my but kicked) or might get my mind changed by somoene with more knowlege than me correcting me where Im wrong. I just lost a lot of respect and blame USAC soley. What was flying around the track is that USAC had attened the track several times to check safety concerns and ulitmately on Race day decides to call it? After the cars, fans and everyone else are already there.
And Ultimately, Not one USAC official apologizing for the situation. (Track not being safe to compete on, Leaving, Cops ect only to come home and find a vauge regret post on a message board, As U said, That at the minnimum should have been done at the track. Its not like there wasn't OVERKILL in security to do so.

Chuck, who'd like to thank Chaplain Jackie and Fishinman Dave for calming me down a bit at the track. Yes there are to sides to everything. Yes the issues were serious (Two of them solved) And I realize there were a ton of people with a ton more money and time invested in attending than me. Thank You.