View Single Post
11/15/09, 7:58 PM   #4
Re: Partial Nov. Sprint Shootout Finale Results/Recap
Lucky161

Great races all 3 nights including the "free" races on Thursday. Those happened to actually be "free" unlike the last couple of "free" races I've been to.

Weather was a little kinder this weekend than last month. A little chilly but at least it was dry. It's raining right now.

Bacon was impressive, as was Travis Rilat, but the drive of the night in my opinion was Tony Bruce Jr. Started 5th but forced to run the outside which included the hole in one and two, he dropped back to around 9th or 10th. Late in the race I noticed him pulling a huge wheelie down the front straight. I wasn't sure he was going to make the turn, but he did. With 5 or less laps left in the race, he found a high line that missed the hole and he was like a rocket after that going all the way to 4th at the finish. A couple of more laps and he might have been 2nd or 3rd.

Also, I haven't confirmed it yet, but Josh Hawkins in the number 80 from Tyler was there. He normally runs in the Southern Thunder Sprint series which is a Racesaver 305 series. I think he was running with his Racesaver motor and while he missed making the feature, he wasn't last and did pass some cars. He also had someone else's top wing on saturday night after getting on his top friday night.

One bad thing happened saturday night. The lights went out with firey debris in the staging lane. They brought in tempory lights but decided to try to repair the regular lights. 2.5 hours later, the lights came back on.The PA system went out when the lights came back on and they never got it working.

Thanks to Palm Harbor Homes and the other sponsors, as well as the track crew that included the folks from the neighboring Kennedale Speedway Park for putting on some great races this weekend.