View Single Post
10/25/12, 10:53 AM   #19
Re: eldora what classes
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid89 View Post
Sounds like he's already got you beat, sack up.
Yeh, I would just sell out, if I thought everytime I loaded up, that I didn't have a chance, I would be a rich man today, because I wouldn't have made the effort, but in over 60yrs of racing, the thought never crossed my mind, it was a hobby, not a do or die situation, I always ran legal, and I knew my resources were limited, and I didn't mortgage the farm, to try and be the one to beat, altho it did turn out that way alot of times, I raced with guys, that thought the only way they could be beat, was by someone cheating more than they were, now ain't that a hell of a way to be raised, never consider they might be better at setup, be better prepared, work on what they were doing, and make themselves, and their equipment better, just do a better job at what you were doing. I've never had any help, to speak of, my wife and I have done it all, almost, just us 2, so if something needed done, we did it, it was a hobby, not life or death, and we've met, and made a lot of good friends along the way, so don't blame your lack of being competitive, on someone cheating, look around you, and take some of the blame yourself. Bob

3 members like this post: DAD, koolaid89, PJ Wright