Thread: The Rumor Mill
View Single Post
6/22/09, 9:55 PM   #25
Re: The Rumor Mill
micro94

USAC isnt what it was and when never be what it was.I remember going to my Dad's early on the weekend's so we could watch Thursday Night Thunder with Gary Lee.But since we are looking for suggestion's and I've ran a business myself so I understand the penny watching thing why don't you try this.Everyone would love to see the race's on tv again.We can't all make it to the race's these day's because if we miss one day of work we are screwed money wise.For those of you that aren't,kudos to you.You have a live USAC broadcast at some track's.Why not look to a local station like 49 or whatever station that can help broadcast these races?They probably wouldnt charge a butt load and I promise they will get more viewers out of it.Something for you,something for them.It still seems outside this website when you mention sprint cars they say either what are those or are those them cars with wings that they show on speed channel?You half to open up peoples minds to open wheel racing still.If they see it around Indiana here on TV they are going to enjoy it.I live in Anderson and they had that damn street stock special on HBO!Show people some racing around Indiana and you will grab peoples attention.The kids growing up these days have no clue like they used to back then.They are into piercings and computers and what not."Show it to them and they will come".Its not an over night thing.You half to spend to receive.My 2 cents have been said and I will wait to hear what happens.Good Luck regardless.

P.S. Im looking for a job if you need some more info on outside perspective.