View Single Post
5/2/08, 6:50 AM   #2
Re: New half-mile track for Columbus, Ohio???
smbpreformance

I saw this on the news yesterday and had some questions

1- They are going to use public funds and give tax breaks to the devolpers. This project would put Columbus Speedway, Circleville Cart Track and National Trails Dragstrip out of buisness. How would you feel if the goverment was using your money to put you out of buisness?

2- If you look at the artist drawing there is no place for pits and hardly anyplace for parking. In this neighborhood I would not want to leave my car on a random street corner then come back at 1 am and try and find it

3- The access point from the freeway is in one of the worst traffic areas of the city. If they had a big race traffic would shut down the city along with I-71 and I-70 to major cross country routes

4- Why would NASCAR give then a major race when With in 3 hours there is Brickyard, ORP, Kentucky, Michigan and Mansfield

5- The backers behind this is a group of real estate devolpers and not racers. We have a unique market and I do not see how someone not famerilar with industry would make a good promoter

6- NASCAR has said it will not sanction the weekly series at the track and would continue its long term relationship with Columbus Motor Speedway......What would they run?