View Single Post
11/6/09, 2:39 PM   #12
Re: The Cat is out of the bag
JBX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
This is better how?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

I wouldn't be too cocky....people riding others coat-tails often get flipped off during the ride.

Hey Leader --

You may be right - but, I'm thinkin' Emmett wouldn't bother unless there was a bonafide opportunity.
And, I'm sure that the "coat-tails" you refer to weren't very big to ride on anyway...Otherwise, why do it?
Like many others feel, competition is good and can only help to make "the ride" better hopefully for the racing teams.

The questions are -- Why does something new automatically get scorned with skepticism?
Why also is it assumed that existing organizations have to "flip off" others?
I have never understood that reasoning. In the end, the best product wins in the eyes of tracks & fans, right?

Seems to me that it's high time for racing organizations to "play to win" vs. "play not to lose".
Every good racer knows this. Imagine a driver that's fast all day long but keeps looking over his shoulder...
What are the chances that he will get passed? Pretty damn good if you ask me!!

Oh well - Will just have to see what happens!
Good luck to all & here's hoping for great racing events in 2010!

Jimmy B.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

[QUOTE=spankytoo;144092]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
This is better how?[COLOR="Black"]

My question exactly. Many posts have been put on this board about how hard it is for a NON-WING guy to get a descent payout. Now the Indiana fans are going to be asked to support a whole new wing circuit. Which usually means that for a promoter to pay the purse of these "bigger" organizations ask for, then the little guys purse suffers at the weekly show.

Help me out...

How is it that Indiana fans will "be asked to support a whole new wing circuit"? That doesn't mean that the fans ACTUALLY WILL!! If it's not their bag, they won't support it. Simple as that...Want to make sure that weekly shows remain viable with good purses? Don't give the track promoters A REASON to stray too far!! How do you do that? FAN BASE, FAN BASE, FAN BASE with CAR COUNTS, CAR COUNTS, CAR COUNTS. I.E. CREATE PROFITS!!!!!!!!

It's up to THE TRACK to sign up "bigger" organizations & larger purses. And, they will only do that if they feel that there is a return on their investment. If the weekly shows' purses suffer; then, that isn't the new series' fault.

We all love open wheel racing & very passionate about it. And, the tracks love their fans & racing supporters. But, make no mistake - tracks are a BUSINESS in it to MAKE MONEY regardless what series or type of car races there.

I'll never forget talking to a guy from Toledo Speedway about 4-5 yrs. ago. Those who know this track remember a fast, high-banked, paved, 1/2 mile with lots of great racing history. It has a little 1/4 mile on the front-stretch, too.

They host the school buses a couple times a year within their regular Friday shows. They pack the place every time and make an absolute killing on THE FRONT GATE. They pay the winner $100 and give anyone an extra $100 if they flip over another bus. The crowd goes crazy. Now, this isn't many people's style of racing. But, Toledo does it a couple times a year to MAKE MONEY. Would they rather have more traditional shows? Probably; but, it's business, nothing more, nothing less...

Thanks for listening, y'all. Had to get that off my chest.
Have a great day!

Jimmy Baumgartner
Last edited by JBX2; 11/6/09 at 3:02 PM.