View Single Post
11/2/20, 9:23 AM   #4
Re: McPherson sprint car
19tdave

Hello, are there any other members that might have some additional information on a McPherson sprint car?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

My findings to find McPherson built sprint car connected with Dave McPherson, Sam Sessions and Mauri Amerling. I can't prove any of this! It is what people have reported to me and if anybody can verify any of this it would be greatly appreciated.

1967 -Gil Hess drove a no. 31 car for Hoffmans I do not know what chassis it was.
1967 - Bill Johns bought the 31 and Gil Hess drove it for him
1968 - Mauri Amerling bought the Bill Johns car and Gil Hess drove it the no. 73 I do not know what chassis it was.
1969 - Gil Hess drove the 73 for Mauri
1970 - Gil Hess drove the 73 for Mauri until the bad accident at Salem
1971 - Don Nordhorn started with Amerling but switched to the Kinkle #7 and Lee Kunzman drove a #4 ( Grant King car) for Mauri. Lee confirmed the #4 was a Grant King car.
1972 - Sam Sessions drove #4 car for Mauri but there were two no. 4's one a Grant King the other a Ron Ward car. McPherson was the crew chief
1973 - Sam Sessions drove the #1 car for Mauri a Ron Ward car and D. McPherson as crew chief. The #1 ward car would be later restored by Jim Mann
1974 - Sam Sessions drove the #5 car for Mauri two cars available King and Ward car
1975 - Here is where I couldn't find much info Sam Sessions there were #5, #7 and #16 Amerling cars I do not know what chassis
1976 -1978 - I believe Joe Saldana started driving for Amerling in the #5,#7 or #16 cars they look like king cars but not sure.

So if anyone can shed some light on all this it would be helpful.
Thank you so much
Dave
Last edited by 19tdave; 11/11/20 at 5:47 PM. Reason: Update my findings