View Single Post
9/30/14, 7:54 PM   #38
racin jason

There have been a lot of good points made in this thread. I would like to add some insight.

Tickets prices are set before each track opens their doors for the first race of the season. No track or promoter can guarentee how many cars in each will show up each night. A night with a low car count may make people upset and feel they are over charged but has anyone ever walked up to a promoter after a race and said "Wow, I can't believe you had 40 cars and the guy that started 18th just one! I got more than my $20 worth and I want to give you an extra $10 for that race!!"

Unfortunately I believe the days of 70+ cars are a thing of the past. There has been some decent counts at various tracks here in Indiana but not 70.

The Fall Nationals at Lawrenceburg started out as an All Star winged sprint show. When Tom and Loris bought the MSCS they were asked by then promoter Tom Wick to sanction the race. It was successful and brought 70 cars. Then promoters changed. USAC came in to promote the Friday night before the Fall Nationals. This didn't seem to work so the promoter then decided to have USAC & MSCS co-sanction the Saturday night event turning it into a one day event. After a year or so of co-sanctioning the event, it was decided by MSCS that USAC really didn't need our help with this race as they were doing a good job of getting cars without us being involved. There are definitely no hard feelings between USAC and the MSCS.

We are still what was originally intended for the MSCS series- Proud supporters of non wing racing here in Indiana.

Jason Adams
MSCS Tour Director & Series Announcer