View Single Post
12/5/17, 11:20 AM   #1
Usac: Grant goes to topp for 2018 usac national sprint car s
admin

12/5/17 10:58 AM GRANT GOES TO TOPP FOR 2018 USAC NATIONAL SPRINT CAR SEASON

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...int-car-season

GRANT GOES TO TOPP FOR 2018 USAC NATIONAL SPRINT CAR SEASON

Justin Grant, coming off a runner-up finish in the USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car standings this past season, has joined TOPP Motorsports to make a run at the series title in 2018.

“I’m so grateful for the opportunity to drive for TOPP Motorsports,” expressed Justin Grant. “I’m really looking forward to wearing the TOPP name and working with such a talented team. I missed out on the Championship title by one place this past season and I’m confident that together with TOPP, we can get to that top spot.”

Ione, California’s Grant is coming off a stellar season in which he captured four USAC National Sprint Car feature victories and finished a mere six points out of the championship.* Additionally, he was recently announced as the winner of the Prosource Fast Time Award Challenge for earning fast qualifier eight different times throughout this past season.

Grant was the only driver in 2017 to start all USAC National point races – Silver Crown, Midgets and Sprints – and was one of only two drivers across all divisions to win feature events in each division. It was recently announced that Grant’s consistency in performance across the three National USAC divisions has earned him the coveted Mike Curb “Super License” and a $5,000 award.

TOPP Motorsports is coming off a banner year in which they won five USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car features with driver Tyler Courtney on their way to a third-place points finish in the owner standings.

“We’re excited that this partnership has come together,” said Kevin Birchmeier, owner and President of TOPP Motorsports. “Justin is such a talented driver. With him behind the wheel of our top-notch equipment, we know we have a winning combination to keep headed toward our goal of winning the USAC Sprint Championship.”

Grant’s versatility is something that the team looks forward to, as it grows.

“We love that Justin is so versatile,” stated Birchmeier. “Having a driver that has the experience and track record of winning that Justin does opens a lot of doors for us. I can’t tell you enough how thrilled we are to have him as part of our TOPP family.”

Opening night for this new combination will occur at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala, Florida for the USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car openers on February 15-16-17, 2018.

1 member likes this post: FishBurger