Thread: Haubstadt
View Single Post
7/17/17, 8:54 PM   #19
Re: Haubstadt
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Awesome race last night. The track was pretty juiced up and there was great racing all over the track all night long.

Kudos to KTJ and Cummins. Clean racing all the way through the feature and those two were clearly the class of the field. I know KTJ wasn't happy with the outcome and I was a bit confused on how laps were scored since they did indeed run 31 laps instead of the scheduled 30 but oh well, still an amazing race. USAC tweeted it had to do with their new scoring system. Either way, well worth the drive over from the Louisville area and the price of admission.

As for the IOW member that claimed Haubstadt always has the smallest crowd and shouldn't be the final round of ISW...that was by far the best racing I've seen all week and as for the crowd....see attached photos
That makes two spine tingling finishes in a row with Kyle Cummins emerging victorious. I don't remember when I've seen a crowd that energized on the last lap of a feature at TSS, or anywhere else for that matter.
As for the crowd size, I could see from my reserved seat on the backstretch that the frontstretch grandstand was packed from top to bottom, and Nate's photo clearly shows that. That is unusual, as the crowd has gravitated to the backstretch over the years, primarily due to the sun and the winds generally come from the west. Also, the backstretch has a larger capacity due to the reserved seats, which I'm becoming more of a fan of each week. Every reserved seat was sold for this event. But where you sat was irrelevant because you were treated to such a fantastic and well run show from any vantage point. It will be hard to duplicate what was witnessed at TSS Saturday night, but I'll be there for the next event and I'm sure I'll witness an exciting evening of competition.