View Single Post
10/23/07, 3:46 PM   #6
Re: carburated crate motor sprints?
tjtomthumb

Sorry, I'm on my way out the door for an appointment, & in a hurry but wanted to add I meant for this to be more of a support class, as the 305 sprints are in some areas. So many times we read so many complaints on the support stock car & modified class'. This class could replace those 2 divisions and at large sprint shows make a complete open wheel show possible, Indiana Sprint-Midget weeks for example. The stock car and modified guys now running would still have the late model tracks etc to run or sell their current equipment and move into an open wheel car to better prepare themselves for the 410 sprints. Two good examples of modified drivers moving up are Brady Short & Jeff Bland Jr. They were fortunate enough to be able to finacially run a 410 but many, & I'll use Shane Mugavin as an example, has said he can't afford a 410 but maybe he could afford a crate deal and maybe later be offered a 410 ride. Got to go,, but I was meaning for this as more of a support class and not to totally eliminate the full blown 410's.