View Single Post
7/9/23, 4:22 PM   #2
Re: Wisconsin WingLess Sprints. Thoughts.
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

They ran against USAC a couple weeks ago and had about fourty Also seen em at Gas City and they had a huge count. This is what Im talking about as a entry class. However I think they're about a hundred hp down from what they should have. I say this because to go forward it looked like drivers had to drive beyond the cars capabilty. Such as hold it on the floor and rip the lip. thus causing several flips.

I believe they're a 604 motor class which is about 500hp. I'd preffer about 6-650hp that way you'd get some wheelies and response in the pedal

Most of the pavement sprints aren't running 900hp+ monsters and I don't think other than qualifying it's ever used in heat and feature racing. But the motors are expected to last 60-80 races between rebuilds.

That being said, They had a following, WHen I went to Gas City, There were several groups of fans that came down from Wi. to watch.

I generally just don't like the cratemodels or these, Just not enough power to break the wheels loose and rip. Gaining is like half a car per lap on the car in front. I could be wrong and often am. Just my view as of now.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/9/23 at 4:24 PM.

4 members like this post: cornerthree, Midget98, nathans1012, oppweld