Thread: USAC Nationals
View Single Post
9/14/21, 9:26 PM   #39
Kirk Spridgeon

Huset’s did an incredible job, especially with their push trucks. They were as efficient as any crew we use all year, and that’s saying something. Justin Clark was the flagman all 3 days & was fantastic. The caution was called a bit too quickly in the sprint car race on Friday, but that also may have been what prevented a larger issue. The caution in the midget race was for a car stopping in the middle of the pack in turns one-two with the leaders in turn 3. That yellow will be called every single time.

Not to inject pesky facts to ruin a narrative, but this show at Huset’s had about as many cars as the referenced ISW show at Kokomo (54 sprint cars at Kokomo, 54 total cars at Huset’s on Saturday). Saturday’s show at Huset’s began at 5:15 with engine heat (early sunset makes it possible). It ended at 10:12.
The show at Kokomo started at 6:30 with engine heat and ended at 10:18.

I’m most proud of the efficiency of the shows on a regular basis. Yes, sometimes tracks request taking a few extra minutes here and there for people to get an intermission of sorts. I lived through many inefficient USAC shows in the past & feel the same anxiety with any unnecessary down time.

Any questions about procedures or logistics of USAC shows, please feel free to reach out at kirk(at)usacnation.com or 419-203-7047.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Got it. So any show Usac is involved in that does not run as crisp and efficient as those three consecutive nights in SD are the fault of track workers, push trucks, ambulances etc. I must have not been at the same shows for the last seven years as you. My mistake that the ISW show at Kokomo showed no sense of urgency until the lightening show started off turn 2. It must have been the staff at Kokomo that were the only people that didn’t know those storms were coming. Got ya.It seems to me that since the USAC schedule is relatively the same year in and year out that there should be a real understanding of how a show is run at these tracks that you go to year in and year out. Yet the tour goes to Husets and runs three consecutive nights with crews that haven’t seen USAC in many years with two premier divisions more efficiently than any three consecutive nights in the last seven years? Got ya it must be me.