Thread: USAC Nationals
View Single Post
9/14/21, 8:52 PM   #37
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
The wife & I had planned on attending and meeting up with a buddy from Kansas while up there. It didn't happen for a variety of reasons concerning job obligations and an earlier fall farming season than in recent years. If this event carries on next year we'll be there, for sure.

Like many other comparisons, it never ceases to amaze how different other divisions are supported. With us being in hard core Illinois dirt late model country and just over 1/2 hour from Fairbury, Illlinois we see the solid and widespread support for almost every late model show at Fairbury. Don't get me wrong, Fairbury is a very good facility run by competent people but FALS is no Huset's. The quality of racing over this past weekend at Huset's was top notch and the organization and efficiency was second to none but not many were there to enjoy it. Yet scores of dirt late model fans fly into Illinois to attend events at lil' ol' FALS. They drive from 4 or 5 states away. Camping areas are jammed beyond belief. The bottom line is dirt late model fans support their favorite division and wingless fans don't. At least, it seems, not outside of their immediate area.

And yet, a high paying and superb midget and sprint car show goes vastly unsupported. It's been said here in this thread that this Huset's event can't possibly continue because USAC fans refuse to leave their immediate area to watch very good racing. Sadly, that seems also to be the case with the dirt mile Silver Crown events.

It's a bit baffling.

The promoter of the Huset's event should be highly commended for his effort to competently plan, organize and take some chances on people showing up to watch some of the best racing of the season.

I am not nearly smart enough to figure out how to change the direction of this trend, or if it's possible to do so, but if it is I sure wish someone who is, would.
DLM fans have more money to support their races because they don’t waste any of their money on dental work or bars of soap.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner