Thread: Car Colors
View Single Post
7/7/14, 7:36 AM   #1
Car Colors
Tief

This is probably insignificant in the whole scheme of things, but I attended the Pepsi Midget Nationals in Sun Prairie on Sunday night and it struck me that of the 25 cars in field, 16 of them were painted black. Five were white - only four were painted a color other than black or white. Frankly, I found this kind of drab. The first heat had 8 cars - all of them black. A kid in front of me asked his Dad, "Why are all of the cars the same?" Add to this the fact that there were a number of pairs of team cars that looked almost identical - it was kind of difficult to keep track of who was who. And I'm not a nube - I've been to easily over 100 midget races at Sun Prairie alone in my life. This is a trend I've been noticing over time.

Am I the only one who thinks this? Why isn't there more variety of car liveries in midgets? It would make watching the races more interesting. I've always loved the Hoffman #69 sprint cars because are so identifiable on the track. The orange Wendy's midget that Jerry Coons Jr. drove is beautiful. Why don't more teams try to make their cars stand out like that?

4 members like this post: Bobv, dirtnonwingfan, John P Huss, speed bump