View Single Post
7/2/20, 11:54 AM   #12
Re: Roll bar padding
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC II View Post
You bet. all cars with roll cages should have proper roll cage padding. Everybody, including the sanctioning bodies think since you have full containment seats, you don't need padding. True you will probably never get out of your seat enough to hit the roll cage but what happens is the roll cage bends down to meet you in a bad crash. Nothing can be worse than a head hitting a un protected roll cage tube than maybe an arm getting mixed up in the cage during a flip. Sometimes I think nobody cares anymore.

Mike Devin
I get the feeling nobody cares anymore as well. Some of the stuff I see today seems like a total disregard for safety. And the problem is the longer it goes on the more the newcomers to the sport see it as "the way it is." I can't tell you the last time I saw a car with safety wire on it. And I absolutely cannot stand allowing body panels up to the driver's head to the point that they wouldn't have a chance of getting out if the car is on fire! The lack of leadership in our sport baffles me. Sometimes I feel like the people who write rules today are in a popularity contest instead of being good stewards of the sport. When you write rules you are going to piss someone off. That just comes with the responsibility of being in a position of writing rules.
Last edited by Ray3; 7/2/20 at 12:00 PM.

2 members like this post: DRC II, jonboat15