Thread: Perris info
View Single Post
3/1/15, 11:49 PM   #14
Re: Perris info
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio View Post
Give the Ayres Hotel and Spa in Moreno Valley a call and ask for the "Perris Auto Speedway Rate." We have a new hotel as well this year (Red Lion Inns and Suites), but sitting here at home on Sunday I have no details where or any rate deals.

The $8.00 parking is a fact. Charged by the fairgrounds. Actually, as crazy as it sounds, $8.00 to park your car at most events here in So. Cal. is a deal.

The parking deal with a rainout and charging to park again only happened that one time at the Ovals as promoter got after them for that. I got my ass in trouble that night as well as I told the crowd to call and ask for the fair manager and gave the office phone number. By 9:30 the next morning they were inundated with calls of complaints and their phone system was swamped and no other calls were getting through.

Rain should not be an issue this week. Saturday is supposed to be clear with a high of around 80 in the day. Be sure to bring a jacket, though as we are on the edge of the desert and it can get chilly at night (especially this time of the year).

As for the traffic, it can be a major pain. If you can, stay off the 91 and 10. The 60 is a lot easier to navigate as it is the least crowded.
Scott, I was at the Ovals that night it rained and you announced over the PA to call the fair manager. I actually tried to call the number you gave out but it was busy for a long time! LOL!!

I apologize for the erroneous info regarding the rainout parking policy. That's the only time we've been to The PAS that weather was a problem.

If I remember correctly you weren't the only one who got their ass in trouble that night. It seems there were some drivers doing some hot laps on 4-wheeler's on the wet track that night after the races had been called. It didn't go over real well. I remember at least one of those drivers' names but I am loath to post it here! LOL!!