Thread: Twin cities
View Single Post
9/1/19, 12:22 PM   #7
Re: Twin cities
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushEm View Post
As far as switching nights we are a Saturday track and we can run some special shows on other nights but not every week.

I have spoke with Levi about getting USAC back to the track and I will continue to do what I can to make that happen.

Sponsors are in the works for a better regular show purse boost and for a points fund again.
I think you have to consider this next couple of weeks is a recovery time fore a lot of teams, not only the budget teams, which a lot ride on this train, there aren't many drivers making this racing anything but a hobby, the day has passed on that, I used to think 50% was a fair deal, but that won't pay the owner much to race the next race on, if he's lucky enough to be able to roll it in the trailer, and only have the car wash bill to think about, butts on the boards are getting harder to get them to the track, the lowest paid cars are putting the most on the boards, even if an owner does the whole deal, drive everything, pays all the bills, he has to find help, and that comes at a price anymore, if you doubt any of this, put on your big boy pants, and jump aboard, 19-2 at the Burg, and 12 at twin cities, after the past 2-3 weeks of non stop racing, not to mention the higher fuel costs, man needs a rest on his hip pocket once in a while. Just Sayin!