View Single Post
7/12/23, 1:22 AM   #25
Re: Wisconsin WingLess Sprints. Thoughts.
jdull99

LOL throwback...(u know I fully respect you), but I think sprint cars and the GM engines are cheaper than the TOP midgets and bmara engines???...IF all the GM engines REALLY are all the same (people can buy the GM special bolts can't they???)...and before anyone gets on here or PMs me that I'm talking "bad" about bmara, I'm not. Only stating facts. A 604 retails under 10g; right? (thats what google tells me). We aren't allowed to talk about how much a bmara Honda cost (retail cost), but the bmara "Mazdas" were $15,000+ (I'd say more like 17,000) last I knew...& ya, I'm sure "Joe race car driver" (fictional name) ran 3rd that one time or maybe even won once with a stock out of the junkyard honest 2.4 (doubt it anytime recently, with stock injection anyways...), but I'm referring to the average...and I do like both series...but when just an injection system for a bmara engine cost (NEW price, not used; how many used ones are out there?), almost half of what this sprint car GM engine cost (retail, before any bolt-ons); I think that is something to look at (in regards to the part of this conversation you brought up...otherwise, again, as I do you throwback; I have just appreciated them both in recent years...neither are for me to participate in - I'm in the race to pay my house off - but for those that do compete in them; that is great)...

And lets do tires next. I'm not looking all that up, but how do those compare? Midget tires are in the $350 range, from what I was told. Are the ones the Wingless series use the same or less?

Would love to see the purse payoffs too...(I think bmara is better on this? I could be wrong).

Again, I do like both series and I hope they both continue to thrive. I think they can; but I think it is more of what a person likes and wants to spend their money on...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 7/12/23 at 4:00 AM.

3 members like this post: erich45, John P Huss, oppweld