View Single Post
5/23/10, 10:04 PM   #8
Re: 16th Street Speedway ( Bush Stadium) A Wreck
Tony Barhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1jet17 View Post
I look at this and am saddened. I wanna go there one of these days. Summer is here. I wanna see and feel all the old memories. I have a poster of the track on my bedroom wall. It has a group photo of midgets done by Chris Young. I've wanted to go there since i can remember. I always admired that it was a dirt track that on a baseball stadium. And the place is just trashed now. All the papers and stuff thrown everywhere. It almost seems like whoever left it was pretty mad. I wonder what it would take to bring it back?
When I was looking to expand USAC Midget Week in 2007..The thought crossed my mind to look into 16th Street...I took one look through the fence..and knew then that it would cost a fortune to get in shape...without the junk cars...I moved on to Kamp Motor Speedway...

But 16th Street when it was in good shape would have been a perfect place for a Thursday Midget Week race.

There is something very haunting about an old crumbling stadium or racetrack....I remember seeing Randy Johnson, Joe Oliver, and Rob Dibble play there in the late 80's.
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 5/23/10 at 10:15 PM.