View Single Post
D.O. (Offline)
  #6 9/25/16 4:53 AM
I have to also say that there are other drivers who don't show up for HARF awards at their yearly banquet, and some are USAC and track champions. That is upsetting because HARF is a FAN club that helps race fans with track discounts and such. Back in the day the HARF banquet was a must attend deal for the various drivers. Drivers like Eddie Sachs, Lee Wallard, Pat O Conner etc attended the meetings as well as the banquet. So yes many where upset that a great driver didn't attend. That was no big deal because that required some driving miles to attend. But when a driver can go across the track to receive a beautiful 3 foot or larger trophy for their success is upsetting to the fans and perhaps a slap in the face of the track owners. Sorry for the rant and I hope everybody understand. Attendance or non attendance of this takes nothing away from the drivers skills Brady Short is a damn fine racer and I just feel bad for the fans who pay to watch all the drivers thru out the season.
Please don't drag this issue into the gutter. How many people hate Kyle Busch? Lots but he still is a wheelman.
13 Likes: 17d71mwin, EPSpeed, flatout, Jbaldwin, Jerry Shaw, jerrydt, jim goerge, opie, Pat O'Connor Fan, speed bump, spicoli, tbugdad, turn4