View Single Post
12/15/12, 10:58 AM   #7
Re: POWRi for Lighting sprints
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
I would just like to see poweri put in a 1000cc winged class at 4-6 events. I get tired of seeing all the 600cc big races and few 1000cc races on the same scale.

It might be a good idea to get in touch with Ken Brown at POWERi and talk to him about a couple of races out west. He has run us "AMSA" several times at Duquoin and I think we put on a pretty good show for him.

If anybody could help the 1000cc midgets up Ken would be the guy to do it. It wouldn't take long before the sidwinder drivers would want an upright instead of those squirrely overpowered go karts (just my opinion), and it would be a whole lot cheaper for the racers. We really don't need million dollar motors to be fast.

You Know there is a guy outside Indy that has a bunch of overpowered Kenyon cars and he calls them "METRIC MIDGETS". that pretty well hits the nail on the head as far as what we are racing and also like that one guy once said about "LIGHTNING" takes us into the "21st century". Now If I could only learn how to read a metric "mike".

A bit of trivia 1000cc's is equal to 61 cubic inches. The USAC limit for DOHC race motors is 122 cubic inches, SOO if we could make a dual engine midget at todays stock horsepower ratings for motors we would have a 450 horse power midget with stock motors. That v8 that scared them to death out at Tulsa was "OLD SCHOOL" motorcycle technology.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/15/12 at 11:22 AM.