View Single Post
8/21/23, 9:29 PM   #24
Re: 8/19/2023 - Lawrenceburg Spdwy. - Gaines Memorial $3K to
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
I’m not the promoter, nor will I ever be, but I love fantasy booking race schedules. This is just my opinion about what I would try if it was my business venture. I don’t have the money or the proximity to Lawrenceburg to give this a real shot. I find it interesting that the people who complain about young racers coming in and using daddy’s money to buy a ride are often the same people who say “if you know so much then go buy a race track and do it yourself”. You can bet if I had rich daddy money I would be out buying a race track, so I’m going to ignore reality for just a moment to suggest a schedule like this. 10 events - keeping some of the annual events that appear to have been pretty successful and add in a few new shows. 6 Sprint races and 5 races for each of the 3 local classes - Modifieds, Pure Stocks, and Hornets. 2 shows with winged sprints and 2 with late models, plus Midget Week and Night of Destruction.

Lawrenceburg 2024
April 6 - USAC Sprints (plus Modifieds and Hornets)
May 11 - BOSS Sprints (plus Modifieds, Pure Stocks, and Hornets)
May 27 Memorial Day - WoO Sprints (plus Pure Stocks)
June 8 - USAC Midget Week (plus Sprints)
July 6 - Merrill Downey Memorial (Modifieds & Late Models, plus Pure Stocks)
July 21 - USAC Sprint Week (plus Modifieds)
August 3 - Night of Destruction
August 31 Labor Day Weekend - FAST & BOSS Sprints (plus Hornets)
September 13 - Ironman Late Model Series (plus Modifieds, Pure Stocks, and Hornets)
October 5 - USAC Sprints Fall Nationals (plus Pure Stocks and Hornets)
My ideas are a lot different save the usac dates and WoO. I think a lot more creativity has to be done and a different direction. Think PORT ROYAL.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/21/23 at 9:32 PM.

1 member likes this post: dirtybob29