View Single Post
Kansasdirtfan (Offline)
  #130 7/16/11 6:50 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
Bob,

They calculate Sprint Week point the same way they do for the series as a whole. So, if Windom and Clauson would come into the feature scoring the same amount of points through the qualifying/heats/b-main process then Clauson would have to win and Windom would have to finish 14th to tie with BC, worse than that to lose to him. Now, a fast qualifier gets 6 points and that goes down to 1 for 6th fast. And heat race winners get 8 points and thant goes down to 3 points for 6th. And B Main finishes get points, too. So, there are are a lot of variables in there, depending on what kind of an evening each has coming into the feature. The link is USAC's points scale:

http://www.usacracing.com/assets/fil...Points-Sys.pdf

Jerry
I didn't realize they used the same point system. Much obliged, Jerry.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
There's nothing like getting there a little early and standing on the Bloomington Speedway hill, talking to your racing family that's already there and greeting the others that are just arriving. You have the reddest of all red race tracks, surrounded by old forest, that is also at the peak of it's yearly greenness. There's just something that is so right about watching sprint car racing on a hillside, in the woods. When you combine this with the brilliantly colored race cars, the smell of methanol and the roar of all these finely tuned engines, you get a really special experience.
Jerry
I couldn't agree more. My only trip to Bloomington was with Jack Kraemer, Toots and Jimmy at the 2009 ISW race. Definitely a unique setup for a track, and great racing.

Bob Nikkel