View Single Post
9/26/08, 10:25 PM   #2
Re: lawrenceburg and the outlaws?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5JMOFFATTFAN! View Post
well people what do we have to do? Indiana is amazing sprint car state! lawrenceburg is amazing racetrack among with kokomo,bloomington and haubdsat.well then why dont we get but one outlaw race at tri state? kokomo used to and I was hoping to go but they didnt have one this year. So what do we have to do to get the outlaws at the burg in 09???? READY to see the king and saldana at the front at the burg!!!:shout
Lets see, It cost 90,000 just to get a one day show plus another 20-30 grand promoting it. Are you willing to take that risk? The only way this is happening is if a outside promotions group brings em to the track. I believe LBurg had three in 04-06. The first two made money or broke even. The third due to a rainout reschedual lost tens of thousands. That promotions company did not return for 07-08 and with the track with only 3000 seats prior the cost was high and the risk was higher. Now if they could get 7000 down there it could be a incredible venue.

I don't dare speak for Bozo. I know he expressed interest with the new configuration and seating but what his plans are. I don't know.

I do know its a huge risk for any promotor. Bloomingtons even out with its hometown umpteen time WOO champion and it often takes many years to become successful and a EVENT people plan on attending every year.

A huge huge risk expecially in a market that hasn't seen regualar winged racing in over ten years. I personally only know about six competitors of the WOO and thats because they were racing when I followed them and they raced here reguarly. Most of the new guys didn't come from this area of the nation.

Chuck