View Single Post
6/15/12, 10:15 PM   #7
Re: Speedworld in Wittman, Az. ordered to close do
IndyBound

BrentFunk the dispute with Maricopa County is over permits and today is the first I learned anything about this. It seems there are issues from 2006 and going back to the orginal permits in 1961.

Sheriff Joe sure does seem to be in the news all the time, I can see how you would think he had his hand in this.

I have to agree with some thing you said racing has died in the Phoenix area. Ever since Manzy closed we have lost the National USAC shows, Woo and USAC running at PIR; Indy Car and the Copper World Classic were gone years before that from PIR. We sure do not have the options Indiana race fans do on a regular weekly bases.

I found it rather ironic Joe Ott posted this newspaper article on facebook today after all the complaining last night about LPS. My only chance to be at LPS was last fall an all I could do was dream about what it would be like to see a race there, my dog and I were the only ones there on a Tuesday morning. Hopefully some day I will make it back there when they are racing.

My concerns are for Mr. Matthews, the racers and local community that will all feel the effect if Maricopa County does indeed shut Speedworld down and they can not reach an agreement.

Until our paths cross again safe racing BrentFunk.

Patti
Last edited by IndyBound; 6/15/12 at 11:19 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, I Miss Manzy